Welcome Visitors

I welcome and encourage comments and ideas as long as they are done tastefully. I try to write something each day about a variety of subjects, including Current Events, Politics, Harleys, and Auto Racing, especially our own Race Team and our local track .. Thanks again and welcome to my blog!!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Are we all indoctrinated?

Maybe it's just my weird thinking, but people these days act more like robots than people.
We just go through the motions of day to day life, we get into these routines that never change and are just too busy to see what's really going on around us. We use the excuse that " if it doesn't directly concern me.. i don't really care". And THAT is the problem.
Are we really sure that in all of these 24 hour news cycles and advertisements that we watch that somewhere in all of that media and data..that we're not indoctrinated with subliminal messages from our Gov't. or even Aliens from another planet? or maybe our Gov't is from another planet for that matter, lol.
I grew up in the 50's and 60's , we didn't have 100 cable channels, we were lucky if we could get the 3 major networks, ABC, CBS and NBC with our rabbit ears or maybe a rooftop antenna.
We didn't have color TV until the mid 60's, (those that could afford it) We only had 1/2 hour of local news and 1/2 hour of national news, and that was it.
I married my lovely wife in 1968, i asked my boss for a raise..he gave me 10 cents, i made 2 dollars an hour, my rent was $90. a month and gas was about 35 cents a gallon.
We got by on just my paycheck alone..both spouses working was almost unheard of.
I guess what i'm trying to say is.. Life has become much faster, information is instantanious anywhere in the world and we don't take the time to see what's really going on close to us or the things that really matter to us. We're so busy doing what we do and don't bother to get involved in our own communities. God i only hope we wake up before we lose the last bit of freedom that we have left before it's too late...... to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment